Brain-fuzz
I've been all shallow and fuzzy-brained these past few days, posting about not-me. I can't think about me. I'm too fuzz-brained with this damn cold. Uuurhh..
One thing. My mum us coming over to visit again in August, (oh wait, that's now! Um.. .. Aug 15th) and is likely coming down to see Adi Da!! Who'd ever have thought it...
Anyway, I've called in the troops. I really am not convinced my mum's being more than just polite when she said she wants to make the trip. 'Oh yes, that sounds nice dear'..
I cannot be objective, so I've called on Elizabeth and Janis to question her about her real interest, and her understanding of what she's getting herself into. She's read a few bits and pieces of Adi Da's books, and watched a few videos.
I am convinced she's just being polite. Religion/spirituality is one place I cannot go with my mum, she drives me completely nuts.
Robert always laughs, as my mum is interested, and he cannot see the problem, being as his mum is definitely UNinterested, even antagonistic. But, my mum thinks she knows it all already, (don't we all? wonder where I get it??) and to be honest, her ideas are a little twinky.. nah, make that plain old whacked out.. At least that's my opinion, which is why I'm not a good judge.
My mum has a huge mental disconnect. She'll talk to me and say one thing, what she thinks I want to hear, (which is usually NOT what I want to hear at all) and everybody else will get a very different version... Soooo... Elizabeth I gather just had a very different and positive conversation with her about it than the one I had earlier that was just all polite agreement... And Robert's busy booking tickets!
On a more mundane level, it will at leat be nice for my mum to get out of Washington State, and see some more of this beautiful country. I can make no comment about the rest of it right now.
It is an incredible thing. I am happy. I really am. It's an amazing time in our community right now! It really is. The love is flowing and the miracles are really happening. I'm just a little Oedipally-challenged over this whole matter. It'll be a real test for me.
One thing. My mum us coming over to visit again in August, (oh wait, that's now! Um.. .. Aug 15th) and is likely coming down to see Adi Da!! Who'd ever have thought it...
Anyway, I've called in the troops. I really am not convinced my mum's being more than just polite when she said she wants to make the trip. 'Oh yes, that sounds nice dear'..
I cannot be objective, so I've called on Elizabeth and Janis to question her about her real interest, and her understanding of what she's getting herself into. She's read a few bits and pieces of Adi Da's books, and watched a few videos.
I am convinced she's just being polite. Religion/spirituality is one place I cannot go with my mum, she drives me completely nuts.
Robert always laughs, as my mum is interested, and he cannot see the problem, being as his mum is definitely UNinterested, even antagonistic. But, my mum thinks she knows it all already, (don't we all? wonder where I get it??) and to be honest, her ideas are a little twinky.. nah, make that plain old whacked out.. At least that's my opinion, which is why I'm not a good judge.
My mum has a huge mental disconnect. She'll talk to me and say one thing, what she thinks I want to hear, (which is usually NOT what I want to hear at all) and everybody else will get a very different version... Soooo... Elizabeth I gather just had a very different and positive conversation with her about it than the one I had earlier that was just all polite agreement... And Robert's busy booking tickets!
On a more mundane level, it will at leat be nice for my mum to get out of Washington State, and see some more of this beautiful country. I can make no comment about the rest of it right now.
It is an incredible thing. I am happy. I really am. It's an amazing time in our community right now! It really is. The love is flowing and the miracles are really happening. I'm just a little Oedipally-challenged over this whole matter. It'll be a real test for me.

3Leave some love.
Sounds really positive, I hope it goes well!
Keith, yes, according to Freud, but this is according to Adi Da who's done extensive expanding, and imho, improving on Freud... I should have clarified.. Adi Da's teachings on it are far more interesting than Freud, I think.
It's basically the same pattern, male or female. Reaction to/competition with same-sex parent, etc..
Anyway, you know my mum, she's a challenege which ever way you look at it ;-)
Ally, thanks!
Sure Devo. I was thinking about you yesterday when I was meditating, I sent a few good vibes your way. I hope it all works out, whatever it is..
Post a Comment
<< Home