Monday, August 08, 2005

Industrial cookiecutters

I think I just reconfirmed my dislike of 95% of Industrial Goth music. I am definitely old school. I bought another compilation cd in the vain hope that I'd find something I liked, and bring my music taste up to the present day. Blah. Blah blah.. What's with these modern goth bands? They suck.
The formula goes something like this: lame dance beat intro, folllowed by some random sample of some guy saying something vaguely sociopathic, followed by bland 80's rave base line, and poor imitation of some horror movie/death metal voice. Even death metal singers get that much right!! Either that or you get some big horrormovie dramatic organ music, followed by some nerd-sounding guy with a drum machine. What happened to bands like The Nephilim who thunder out glorious anthems of well-produced atmospheric wall-of-noise-sledge-hammer-all-guitars-blazing Goth music.. hey?
(well, NFD aside, thank God for them! But being as they ARE half of the Nephilim, they don't count..)
Calling all Goths, Puh-lease... make some good music!!!! I'm slowly dying of mediocrity here.. Arghh..

4Leave some love.

Blogger Me said...

Well, I was going to send you an email... but I can't find your email anywhere on this blog... so here's your THANKS. And you know what for. If you don't, then you should probably lay off whatever it is you were on when you went to target.com. Otherwise, thanks again and you'll get a public thanks later on.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Chandira said...

Hey Hector, you're more than welcome, thanks for all that great Infotainment..

Devo, awesome, I could really use some good suggestions.. seems the world of Goth music as I know it crashed and burned circa 1994.. I need to catch up, but have been hitting a wall.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as 'goth' music. Is that like the Cure or something? Heh.

I pimped you at itsapundit.com.

And the infotainment is on the house. You know you're gifting for my natural Hoffing good looks...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Chandira said...

The Cure are one aspect.. girlie-pop 80's goth, which I do love.. But I'm into the darker, heavier side. Check out my link to NFD.. They kick ass.

I'll check out the link! :-)

I'm glad your good-Hoff-looks are continuing down the genetic line..

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Powered by Blogger




iPing-it!


Who links to me?



Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...BookCrossing.com